Jul 15, 2014
Welcome to the SuccessLab Podcast episode #10. In this episode, I’m
in The Lab with Katarina Kovacevic, freelance writer and media
entrepreneur. We talk about how she left a comfortable job in PR to
follow her passion in freelance writing and blogging. Today she
gets to travel all over and write about her ventures.
Highlights from the interview:
- Everything that’s worth your time is going to be a little
intimidating and scary at first
- Katarina made a gradual transition to full-time freelancing and
entrepreneurship, but “went full steam ahead.”
- Her blog StyleJaunt.blogspot.com started as a passion
project and grew from there
- When pitching bloggers, you have to understand how they work.
Treat them just as you would any mainstream media - learn their
- For blogging and social media success - it takes time and you
have to dedicate the time for deep engagement and creating valuable
- To stay on top of emerging trends, Katarina focuses on reading
a ton. She subscribes to all of the publications she wants to write
for. Online she likes Skift, Mashable, Advertising
Age, Folio, Entrepreneur,
Strategist, to name a few.
- To keep on top of email, she only checks it three times per day
and files into one of three folders: Archive, Follow Up or
- Other tips, tools, apps for efficiency Katarina uses
include, Bloglovin, Wunderlist, Freshbooks, Zirtual.
Find Katarina on Twitter @Little_K or at StyleJaunt.blogspot.com
Biz Hack: This week’s biz hack is all about
how to hire a virtual assistant and what mistakes to
avoid. Continue reading...
Action Item: Create an activity list. What is
consuming your day and what can you clear off your
plate? Continue reading...
Quote of the week: “Only those who will risk
going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” ~ T.S.
Next week we’re in The Lab with Shannon Hernandez, a Google+ and
email marketing extraordinaire. Be sure to tune! Until then, have